Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom'

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 12 years 2 weeks ago #4779

• Mr Raffles
Interesting story.The TV archive of Steve trying on the clothes is from the BBC show Nationwide recorded late 1976.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 12 years 2 weeks ago #4780

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
rebelfreak1 wrote:
An interesting documentary of the making of the PHANTOM, where Steve comments on his auditions etc. for the role.Ten minutes long but after around 5.20. there is a snippet of Steve singing 'Music of the night', sounds superb,wish we could get the full version of this somehow,but anyway enjoy this 'taster'. B)
also in there is a short video of Steve trying clothes on in a shop?? never seen this clip before either!!

SO TORTUROUS. You got to listen to my ramble in person on this subject and I'll never stop rambling on about this subject. I was a Phantom fan for much much longer than I have been a Steve fan, and I didn't really have a favorite until him. (To be honest though, I am more moved the books and movies than the ALW stage show...)

Just to hear the full thing once would pretty much make my life complete. I don't know what I'd do to hear the whole thing. I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera track we do have, but Music of the Night would be so sweet and romantic with Steve's voice.

Where's the video bit of Steve trying on clothes? I couldn't find it. *has a case of the dumbs*
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 12 years 2 weeks ago #4781

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
AlizarinStag wrote:
Where's the video bit of Steve trying on clothes? I couldn't find it. *has a case of the dumbs*
Here Ana at 3.00 onwards
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 12 years 2 weeks ago #4783

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Thanks sweety! Heh. Cutie. Would love to see whatever that's from. :)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 2 years 4 months ago #13114

• OperaGhost91
Despite over 35 years since he recorded it, I would love to have Steve's cover of "The Music of the Night" officially released. I'd even be okay with him recording it fresh.

Re:Steve singing 'music of the night' from 'Phantom' 2 years 4 months ago #13115

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Dear OperaGhost91.
I'm not sure Steve has any regrets about never appearing in the Phantom of the Opera but I'm pretty sure he's moved on after 35 years.
And he doesn't do "covers" ☺️
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Stella Day.
  • Page: